Vision and Purpose
Acknowledged for excellence in sovereign financial management.
With the best possible community outcomes in mind, to:
- meet the government’s financing needs in full and on time;
- promote the integrity of Australian Government Securities and other markets in which we operate; and
- cost effectively manage all of our risks.
Guiding Principles (AOFM Values):
The AOFM, as the interface between government and financial markets, makes decisions and interacts in a way that requires considerable judgement. It is necessary to balance the pursuit of government objectives and community outcomes with an understanding of the incentives that drive financial market participants. In this regard, it is important that the AOFM is seen in its day-to-day dealings to be:
- of the highest integrity – we act in a professional, respectful, transparent and impartial manner that will withstand scrutiny;
- results focussed – we take pride in our work, owning decisions that we make;
- responsive – we demonstrate initiative and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances; and
- clear – we communicate in a straightforward and timely manner.
Last updated: 31 August 2016