Senate Order on Department and Agency Contracts Listing Relating to the Period 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2006
On 20 June 2001, the Senate agreed to an order requiring each Minister to table a letter of advice that a list of contracts, in respect of each agency administered by that Minister, has been placed on the Internet, with access to the list through the departments home page. This letter must be tabled no later than two months after the last day of the financial and calendar year.
With the inclusion of recent amendments to the order, the agency is required to list details of each contract including:
- Each contract entered into by the agency which has not been fully performed or which has been entered into the previous 12 months, and which provides for a consideration to the value of $100,000 or more;
- The contractor, consideration, commencement and expected completion dates, and the subject matter of each contract;
- Whether each such contract contains provisions requiring the parties to maintain confidentiality of any of its provisions, or whether any provisions of the contract are regarded by the parties as confidential, and a statement of reasons for confidentiality; and
An estimate of the cost of complying with this order.
|Contractor||Subject Matter||Amounts of consideration||Start date||Expected End Date||Whether contract contains provisions requiring the parties to maintain confidentiality of any of its provisions (Y/N)||Whether any provisions of the contract are regarded by the parties as confidential (Y/N)||Reason(s)|
|PricewaterhouseCoopers||Internal Audit.||$360,000||13 July 2005||12 July 2008||No||No|
|Sungard Treasury Systems Inc.||Provision of a software licence and ongoing support for a term of 5 years and implementation services.||$1,504,598||19 April 2002||18 April 2007||Yes||Yes||Subject to exceptions, business information disclosed in connection with the Agreement shall remain confidential between the parties.|
|Reuters||Provision of Market Data.||$1,527,728||20 December 2001||19 December 2007||No||No|
|Dell||Provision of IT equipment and associated maintenance services.||$251,742||07 September 2005||06 September 2009||No||No|
|Bloomberg L.P.||Provision of subscriptions to Bloomberg Service including communication charges.||$272,000||15 May 2006||14 May 2008||No||No|
The cost of complying with the order is estimated at $586.00 based on direct employee labour cost (including on-costs).
Note 1. All AOFM contracts contain confidentiality provisions of a general nature that are designed to protect the confidential information of the parties that may be obtained or generated in carrying out the contract. The reasons for including such clauses include:
– ordinary commercial prudence that requires protection of trade secrets, proprietary information and the like, and/or
– protection of other Commonwealth material and personal information.
Note 2. For the purpose of this report the previous 12-month period has been determined as the 12-month period from 01 January 2006 to 31 December 2006.
Note 3. The estimates for all contracts listed above have been determined by the project officers based on current information.
Note 4. This list does not include details of contracts the disclosure of which would be in breach of the Privacy Act 1988.
Last updated: 19 March 2014